Saturday, February 20, 2010

Is it safe to take prenatal vitamins for hair growth?

I am nearly seventeen, and I am not pregnant. As a matter of fact, I am even on a birth control medication.





I would like to grow my hair very long. I have researched online and found that taking prenatal vitamins often gives positive results in growing long, healthy hair.





Although, I do wonder: Is this a safe method? Especially considering the fact that I am already on a birth control medication; could this in any way be harmful?Is it safe to take prenatal vitamins for hair growth?
Any multivitamin would do the trick. There seems to be some urban myth that prenatal vitamins help you grow better hair, when that's really caused by pregnancy itself. Increased blood volume and blood flow all over caused by pregnancy itself benefits skin and hair alike. It gives pregnant women that healthy glow, and causes less hairs to fall out every day (at least until a few months after pregnancy when they fall out).

No comments:

Post a Comment